Critical process died blue screen. Help pls

Fernando_41

Prominent
May 4, 2017
So let me explain this situation i built a PC a year ago and it broke down 3 months ago. So i found out it was the motherboard and i sent it in got it replaced. As i was going to build the PC I realized i lost my CPU. An amd fx-6300 , so i went to frys today and bought the exact same processor and assembled all the parts. So now we come to this I start it up and detects that i have new hardware. I press F1 to boot it up and i go to the bios. Now I then go to boot and boot it up. The windows loading screen pops up for a few seconds then a blue error screen pops up claiming critical process died. This says i need to restart the pc and the blue screen loop begins.

NOTE

i am using a replaced msi motherboard

I bought the same cpu and installed it

Using Windows 10

My graphics card and my hdd havent been changed

Solution
If a critical process died and you're unable to load into Windows, it means there's a critical problem loading the OS via the MBR.

You'll need to reset the MBR to see if that works. Likely it won't, but the alternative is re-installing the OS. Which is to be expected swapping out hardware, general rule of thumb for swapping out hardware is to back up your data and re-install the OS.

Once you're up and running perhaps just run a backup in case this happens again, a disk imager like MAcrium Reflect or a snapshot tool like Rollback Rx will work.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
If a critical process died and you're unable to load into Windows, it means there's a critical problem loading the OS via the MBR.

You'll need to reset the MBR to see if that works. Likely it won't, but the alternative is re-installing the OS. Which is to be expected swapping out hardware, general rule of thumb for swapping out hardware is to back up your data and re-install the OS.

Once you're up and running perhaps just run a backup in case this happens again, a disk imager like MAcrium Reflect or a snapshot tool like Rollback Rx will work.

Solution