User folder is not present in C:\Users

Janfactor

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
My user folder is both hidden and inside a other folder, i have no idea what is making this, but it is inside of my desktop folder, though not present at my desktop, neither is it present when i click on desktop, but when i search for the folder with C:\Users\[Username] and click the up arrow, it navigates me to the desktop folder.

Solution
i would back up everything you want to keep on C drive and do a reset as that is not normal (Obviously) and I don't know how it is even possible

go to settings/update & security/recovery and click reset this PC in right column
2 choices, keep files and settings - this keeps all files in the default library folders so documents, pictures, music, etc.. Settings include logins. this would be good but it doesn't remember desktop folder so since user folder in there, it likely mess up
2nd choice is full reset which will reset Win 10 back to how it is when you first set it up. - this is what you need to do I think

both these only touch C drive so if you have other drives, copy things onto them so you have them for next install

once you...

Colif

Win 11 Master
i would back up everything you want to keep on C drive and do a reset as that is not normal (Obviously) and I don't know how it is even possible

go to settings/update & security/recovery and click reset this PC in right column
2 choices, keep files and settings - this keeps all files in the default library folders so documents, pictures, music, etc.. Settings include logins. this would be good but it doesn't remember desktop folder so since user folder in there, it likely mess up
2nd choice is full reset which will reset Win 10 back to how it is when you first set it up. - this is what you need to do I think

both these only touch C drive so if you have other drives, copy things onto them so you have them for next install

once you choose, PC will restart and reinstall

Solution