Systemfolders are named wrong. Help plz :)

yourilevoye

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017
So I had some issues with installing my SSD as bootdrive, but I think I fixed that now. I assigned the Documents, Downloads, Music, Desktop and video's to my HDD. The problem is:
When I open the HDD the folders have the right name;
https://gyazo.com/ecc8a5054a1288c3a51d2cd5a9f87be6

But in te left bar they have the wrong name;
https://gyazo.com/1faa5d8277a4e17d04e94d11dcda4108

It is maybe a dumb mistake I made, but I can't find the solution for this. I tried a lot but nothing works (also rebooting). The folders on the left bar DO lead to the right folder in the HDD...

Solution
is the one that is wrong pictures? what you might have done is when you moved the location, its made the entire D drive your pictures folder. To fix, you need to change location back to default but don't let it try to move everything, manually move the pictures into folder as windows will try to move hidden files that are also on the hdd

I don't see documents on side bar either, and its odd you have 3 video folders.

Colif

Win 11 Master
is the one that is wrong pictures? what you might have done is when you moved the location, its made the entire D drive your pictures folder. To fix, you need to change location back to default but don't let it try to move everything, manually move the pictures into folder as windows will try to move hidden files that are also on the hdd

I don't see documents on side bar either, and its odd you have 3 video folders.

Solution

yourilevoye

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

I think the D:\ folder with the picture image is my D drive indeed. How can I set this back?

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click pictures library
pick properties
pick location tab
select restore default and click apply
it will offer to move everything, don't let it. just change folder location back to c and move files manually

same thing might have happened to videos unless you supposed to have 3?

if you want it on D, just make sure the location its set as target is the folder and not just the drive.

yourilevoye

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

Didn't worked, but I do found the Image folder somewhere else. How can I get it to the right place? (everything is in Dutch btw xD)

Colif

Win 11 Master
you could add the other place to the library folder as another location but thats not a real fix, just a work around.

do you know where your files are? its just the libraries that are messed up?

You might have to use this: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/windows-10-shell-folders-paths-defaults-restore/ - think you want w10 usf clear override hkcu.zip - I am not sure what files are, might just need to right click and run them. page doesn't say.

Colif

Win 11 Master
another thing I didn't think of except someone else i helping has similar problem - could try running system restore
go to settings/update & security/recovery - click restart PC now under advanced start up
this restarts PC into blue menus
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore
hopefully this has a recent date in it
pick it and PC will restart and roil back settings to date chosen and should fix folder locations

yourilevoye

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017
I stoped trying some days ago and I was going to look the day after. What I tried was deleteing the mass in diskmanager and I was able to rename some of the folders, but not all of them. The day after I booted my pc it magically changed to the right names for some reaso... I waited with posting this because I wan't sure if this was going to stay like this, but after some days everything is working just fine now.
If something wierd happens I will inform. Thx for the helping :)