2 different monitors.. One gpu

kanidshmk

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
So I have a 1080p 60hz monitor atm,
Rig is I5 4670k, gtx 780.
Thinking of buying a gtx 1080 and a 4k monitor. Now the question is,can i use both monitor next to eachother? Games on 1080p and use the 4k for movies, YouTube and running some easier to run games?

Solution
Yes, you can run two monitors at once like Herc08 said.

I'll add more point to Herc's answer to help you set up your dual monitor.

1. Plug it properly. First monitor that will be your primary display on HDMI/DP number 1 and secondary monitor on HDMI/DP number 2. It will make it easier for you to set the monitor properties in NVIDIA driver later and preventing POST on wrong display.

2.Set correct location/arrangement of your dual monitor setup in NVIDIA driver. It will make the cursor/mouse pointer hovers to correct monitor besides it when you extend the display.

3. Set "extend display" on windows display control panel, or any modes that you need to use.
Yes, you can run two monitors at once like Herc08 said.

I'll add more point to Herc's answer to help you set up your dual monitor.

1. Plug it properly. First monitor that will be your primary display on HDMI/DP number 1 and secondary monitor on HDMI/DP number 2. It will make it easier for you to set the monitor properties in NVIDIA driver later and preventing POST on wrong display.

2.Set correct location/arrangement of your dual monitor setup in NVIDIA driver. It will make the cursor/mouse pointer hovers to correct monitor besides it when you extend the display.

3. Set "extend display" on windows display control panel, or any modes that you need to use.

Solution