Sudden High RAM Usage for Windows Services

NDDU Julius BSIT

Respectable
May 19, 2016
Is this normal? I've got 12 GB of DDR4 RAM running on Windows 10 Home Anniversary Update.
Loaded up steam to update DOTA 2 then my computer shows me a window telling me that my memory is almost full and I need to exit some applications. Opened task manager and there it was the "Search Indexer .EXE was running at 9 GB usage . I wasn't running any other RAM heavy applications and this happens once in every other month.

Solution
could try rebuilding index - https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/how-to-solve-windows-search-issues-index-rebuild/

see if sfc/dism fix it
Search cortana for command prompt, right click search result and choose run as admin
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

NDDU Julius BSIT

Respectable
May 19, 2016

Yes I do have automatic backup enabled.
I have a 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD partitioned to 400 GB for drive C and 600 for drive D

Colif

Win 11 Master
why not update to Creators edition and see if that fixes it - go here and either press first button to download upgrade assistant which when run will upgrade PC or click 2nd button to download media creation tool that you can either run to update to latest or make a USB and run USB from within explorer to update (only reason I offer this is you only have to download the files for USB once, if upgrade fails you may need it a few times via downloads)

NDDU Julius BSIT

Respectable
May 19, 2016

Well i can't tell that's for sure it happens at random times even if the computer is on idle.
And I am not sure whether its backing up or not I can't seem to find any automatic saved points

NDDU Julius BSIT

Respectable
May 19, 2016

I guess I'll try... but this occurs at random times last and first time this happened was back on December while doing some programming on visual studio

Colif

Win 11 Master
could try rebuilding index - https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/how-to-solve-windows-search-issues-index-rebuild/

see if sfc/dism fix it
Search cortana for command prompt, right click search result and choose run as admin
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Solution