Does Windows 10 Installation Media Include Recovery Options?

Iamthewalrus

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
Hey everyone. I need to get to command prompt to fix my computer because for some reason I can't access safe mode or anything through the regular advanced options. I do not have my Windows 10 installation media, and I really need my PC right now. So could I possibly install the Windows 10 installation media on a USB? And would it have the recovery options I need? Also, do you need an unused Windows 10 verification code to download the Windows 10 ISO? I just need to get to command prompt, and I can't seem to. Thank you.

Solution
Yes, that is what I assumed you were going to do.

Microsoft does not ask for licesne or have any requirements for you to download the Media Creation Tool and download Windows 10 to a USB/DVD.
Then you can follow the first few steps of the directions in my previous post to get to command prompt.

Iamthewalrus

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017

Sorry, I should have specified that I intend to download the installation media from the Microsoft website, where they offer the ISO or whatever. Would it still work for repairs and command prompt and such?

Yes, that is what I assumed you were going to do.

Microsoft does not ask for licesne or have any requirements for you to download the Media Creation Tool and download Windows 10 to a USB/DVD.
Then you can follow the first few steps of the directions in my previous post to get to command prompt.

Solution