Downgrade version after 30 days

Dolsik

Reputable
Nov 11, 2016
I currently have windows 10 version 1703 that I'm suspecting that it's causing me problems. I wish to downgrade to an earlier version, but 30 days have passed and I cannot do that in the Recovery tab of the updates section.
What can I do ?
I've tried clean installing windows 10 but I still get version 1703 when I clean install

Dolsik

Reputable
Nov 11, 2016
My WiFi seems unreliable, every VOIP service I use the connection drops after 5 minutes, every game I play either disconnect me from the server after couple of minutes, or resume the connection after couple of seconds after the drop takes places.
I've checked that my network is fine by testing those issues on my laptop.
I've clean installed windows 10 on this PC but the problem still occurs. I don't believe it's an issue with my network adapter, because it worked just fine until a some point in the last month which those things started to happen. When I'm just using my browser everything is fine, so it's only the problems I've described, I suspect it's the Creator's update issue, and I wish to revert it but 30 days have passed for me already

USAFRet

Titan

Unknown.
I've seen a couple of places around that purport to have that specific version ISO to download, but I won't link them here because I do not know the provenance. Not an official MS site.

Dolsik

Reputable
Nov 11, 2016
Yea I rather not download something which is not official source. So If I wish to test if it really is the 1703 version, what can I do besides waiting for a new version that might or might not fix my problem if it's related if at all

Dolsik

Reputable
Nov 11, 2016
Well I'm now sure it's a problem with the 1703 creator's update, I've bought brand new network adapter and I'm still having the same issue.
Can someone help me on how to downgrade my version of windows?

Dolsik

Reputable
Nov 11, 2016
But isn't there a solution for my problem ? How come some people upgraded and doesn't have this problem. Why if *I* would connect to the internet afterwards I shall have this problem again? Also there's no official way of downgrading? My only solution is to trust an ISO that someone posted on the internet and might be a malicious one ?

USAFRet

Titan

It's not "some people don't have issues"...it is "the vast majority of people who have upgraded had no issues".

The "Creators Update" is not an 'upgrade', but simply a regular service pack. A large one to be sure, but nothing that hasn't happened with previous Windows OS's since...forever.
Win 8.1 to Win 10 was an 'Upgrade'. 7 to 8 was an 'Upgrade'. Vista to 7 was an 'Upgrade'.
This is just a service pack.

It affected none of the WiFi situations on any of my WiFi enabled systems.
And even if you were to find a previous ISO version..it will get this same service pack applied before long anyway.

So...we need to discover what happened with your system.

USAFRet

Titan

Investigation time!

When and how does this happen?
Every 5 minutes exactly?
Only with certain websites or functions? Or everywhere?
What else is going happening on the system when this happens?
Looked in the error logs?

Dolsik

Reputable
Nov 11, 2016
In skype and discord my call is dropped after exactly 5 minutes (while the other side can still hear me for a couple of seconds more and I can't here the other side).
steam, and origin has random time for drop calls it varies.
Games like BF1 the session is being closed resulting for me in a kick from the server after a random amount of time that varies as-well, CSGO for example instead of kicking me for the connection being closed, it will lag for about 10 seconds warning me that I might get kicked if the connection won't be up again, but then it gets fine after 10 seconds or so and I can keep playing.
Other stuff like browsing the web, watching movies online etc.. works fine.
What error logs do you want me to check ?

TRENDING THREADS