Second Hard drive has disappeared,

bigboss88

Prominent
May 6, 2017
I was moving some files from my main HDD that has my my OS on it (Windows 10) to my second HDD. The power flickered and shut off my PC. When I turned it back on the second hard drive was still showing up in My Computer like normal, showing how much space was used etc, but when opening it, it just said "This folder is empty." So I boot up my Knoppix Live CD and try to get to it that way. When I open the disk manager it shows the status as "Hidden NTFS WinRE." Going pack to Windows 10 the HDD is now gone from My Computer and in Computer Management it says:

"Disk 1
Unknown

Not Initialized"

When I try to initialize it using MBR it gives the error "The system cannot find the file specified."
Trying to initialize with GPT it gives the error "The specified disk is not convertible because the size is less than the minimum size required for GPT disks."

Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated, this hard drive has literally everything on it.

It's not a disk but a partition WinRE (REstore partition) and it's not supposed to have a letter and be seen by anybody or anything else but system. You can and should remove it's letter in Disk Management. There's nothing in that partition you could use.