What do you think about the new best CPU list?

lakimens

Honorable
Hello, I've just seen the new CPU list and it looks biased. I can take the fact they didn't put any Ryzen CPUs in there, but having the i3-7100, that's one of the worst CPUs right now, terrible value as well.

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
Hmmm yeah +1... I do agree with some of it of course but no Ryzen is a bit odd...? They did list reasoning but it's fairly limited and somehow their tests must have been pretty bad (driver problems?) compared to everyone else which showed Ryzen to be a great competitor for the price.

Can't agree more with the i3-7100 as well, i quote "Intel introduced its Core i3-7100 at the same price as the Core i3-6100, which previously enjoyed a spot on our list of recommendations. Naturally, the -7100 took its place". - No it didn't the G4560 rightfully has this budget/performance sweet spot in the bag imo, right up to the Ryzen 1400 before the i5 7500/Ryzen 1500.

What confuses me is that they just reviewed the Ryzen lineup and pretty much praised it? But no love in the best CPUs list?
Link > http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-5-1500x-cpu,5025-11.html?sf76448954=1