Random BSODs: System_Service_Exception

billstape

Prominent
May 7, 2017
e- here are my minidump files https://www.mediafire.com/?aerk84w950lmi4o

Swapped out my dead old vid card and installed a new one. Been getting these BSODs lately. Thought it was the drivers but I completely cleaned all the previous ones and then installed the latest one. Also did the same for my sound drivers and swapped out my mouse/keyboard to make sure it wasn't them either. The BSOD seems to happen most when i'm gaming, but it's also happened while I was just browsing the internet as well..

here's what WhoCrashed brought up:

Computer name: DESKTOP-IHP0EEJ
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 15063
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: MS-7817, MSI, H81M-P33 (MS-7817)
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz Intel586, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 4236275712 bytes total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 5/7/2017 4:05:11 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050717-28015-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16BF70)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF801A8DA9C1A, 0xFFFF8F0068D579D0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 5/7/2017 4:05:11 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF801A8DA9C1A, 0xFFFF8F0068D579D0, 0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 5/6/2017 8:42:41 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050617-25250-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF800E8530C1A, 0xFFFF820125CB69D0, 0x0)

On Sat 5/6/2017 8:30:24 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050617-23859-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8000912BC1A, 0xFFFFCD01DD6EC9D0, 0x0)

On Sat 5/6/2017 8:17:29 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050617-23781-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF800CADB0C1A, 0xFFFF9D80DBF4B9D0, 0x0)

would really appreciate some help i'm all out of ideas..

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sometimes who crashed tells us everything we need to know, others it just blames the windows kernel... this is one of those times

Can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Sure you have enough ram there?

billstape

Prominent
May 7, 2017
hi Colif thanks for your response.

I just did the option one from your link. Do I just wait until the next time it crashes now and then upload the new minidump it creates?

as for the ram, i actually have two 4 gb sticks, but i took one out right before making this thread to see if maybe faulty ram was causing the BSOD. from what i googled earlier that could be one of the causes.

billstape

Prominent
May 7, 2017
just an update for those with similar problems:

it's been over 24 hours since i took out one of my RAM sticks and i haven't gotten any BSODs since then. might be a little too early to say if that was the problem for sure, but before i made this thread i was getting the BSODs every few hours/minutes.