Dual Display 1920x1080 monitor with a 1366x768 one

Kristian_54

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017
I bought a new 1080p monitor to replace my old 1366x768 one. I'm planning to dual display it to have extra space to put the VST effects windows when I am editing my recorded songs. i already tried hooking up the two monitors on the 2 DVI ports located in my GPU. But there was no display on the 768p monitor and it wasn't detected by my pc. Maybe there's something to do with the difference of resolution? Please help me guys! Thank you!

Solution
You are correct. If your second monitor is VGA only, then you will need to use the DVI-I output of your GTX960 with a DVI-I to VGA adapter to connect to it. Use the HDMI or DVI-D output from the graphics card to the primary display's DVI-D or HDMI input.

DVI-to-VGA-cable-DVI-24-5-pin-to-VGA-adapter-connector-video-converter.jpg

-Wolf sends

Kristian_54

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017

Bro I tried to enable it but nothing happened. I am using GTX 960
I discovered that DVI-D is not compatible with VGA adapter (analog) I think my solution is to hook my 1080p monitor using a DVI cable to plug it in the DVI-D to make it work and the 768p to the other DVI-I that is compatible with VGA adapters or analog signal.
For the mean time I am using the on board graphics of my 3rd gen i5.

Wolfshadw

Titan
You are correct. If your second monitor is VGA only, then you will need to use the DVI-I output of your GTX960 with a DVI-I to VGA adapter to connect to it. Use the HDMI or DVI-D output from the graphics card to the primary display's DVI-D or HDMI input.

DVI-to-VGA-cable-DVI-24-5-pin-to-VGA-adapter-connector-video-converter.jpg

-Wolf sends

Solution

Kristian_54

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017

Thank you, i will be getting a DVI cable to connect my primary display instead of using a VGA cable.

TRENDING THREADS