Dual monitor problem

IDontTryMuch

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Trying to use 2 monitors. Right monitor will be main, Left secondary.
I have it setup as extended display.
Problems:
1. I try to open anything on left monitor, it opens on the right monitor only.
2. I set background on main monitor, it applies to both and is very fuzzy looking.

Any idea what is going on. Windows 10

Solution
Hey,

Some programs will open as a default to the main screen. Typically if you drag the top bar to the left screen it will open on there and remember that for future instances of the program. As for changing the background on both screens, make sure you have an image with the correct resolution for the monitor you need. After that right click on your desktop and go to personalize. Once you are in the section where you can choose a background, rather than selecting the file you want, you should see the last four backgrounds you used. You can simply right-click the background you want and choose to set it to monitor 1 or monitor 2. That way you can effectively have a different background for each monitor.

FetchInc

Prominent
May 7, 2017
Hey,

Some programs will open as a default to the main screen. Typically if you drag the top bar to the left screen it will open on there and remember that for future instances of the program. As for changing the background on both screens, make sure you have an image with the correct resolution for the monitor you need. After that right click on your desktop and go to personalize. Once you are in the section where you can choose a background, rather than selecting the file you want, you should see the last four backgrounds you used. You can simply right-click the background you want and choose to set it to monitor 1 or monitor 2. That way you can effectively have a different background for each monitor.

Solution