My pc has become very slow recently, among other issues

Speedy Owl

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
FYI: I have Windows 10 and fairly decent hardware. I had woken my pc up from sleep this morning and my pc was acting odd. It was being unusually slow and programs were taking a while to respond or they wouldn't respond at all. When I tried to launch The Witcher 3, it was very reluctant to do so. Eventually, I was so fed up with it so I restarted my pc. Once I had signed back in, all of my desktop shortcuts had moved to the left side of the screen and none of the programs that normally start up when my pc turns back on started up right away (it must've taken 5 minutes until they launched). It took steam forever to start up when I tried to launch it. It took over a minute for Chrome to start up for me to even get to this site. I also had another odd symptom. Long story short, I get Adobe products free by going into the files and resetting the free trial. When I tried to reset my Premiere Pro trial just now, I couldn't edit it because the permissions had been reset (originally, I had to change them so that I had permission to edit the xml doc). Right now, the software that's already been open for a while seems to function properly, but if I open anything that I haven't opened in this this session so far, the program takes at least 30 secs to open and remains unresponsive for another minute. Is it even possible to diagnose what's going on?

Solution
first: please remove the swearing from your post, or a moderator will. please keep it clean.
second: check on the hard drive or SSD, it sounds like access issues to me.
third: piracy and such discussions are not allowed on toms, it has been my experience.
fourth: remove any newly installed programs and see if it helps. assuming the problem was not the storage device.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
first: please remove the swearing from your post, or a moderator will. please keep it clean.
second: check on the hard drive or SSD, it sounds like access issues to me.
third: piracy and such discussions are not allowed on toms, it has been my experience.
fourth: remove any newly installed programs and see if it helps. assuming the problem was not the storage device.

Solution