BSOD issue about PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA (dxgkrnl.sys) in windows 10

vgogh

Prominent
May 7, 2017
Hello.
I got some bsod issues randomly these days.
At first time it was about IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
So I googled about it and tried to finding out solution.
These are what I did last month

1) BIOS update
2) Driver update
3) Driver verifier test
4) RAM, Mobo test in service center and RAM was ok and Mobo was replaced with refurbished one

After that I got new BSOD called PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA with dxgkrnl.sys
Here's my dump file in onedrive :http://1drv.ms/f/s!AkYCtVvVpgjgbEzkDH_sPWQR9-8

Here's Whorcashed result

On Mon 2017-05-08 오전 7:14:18 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050817-4250-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (0xFFFFF801B56A4FDA)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFE405427DD7CF, 0x0, 0xFFFFF801B56A4FDA, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 2017-05-08 오전 7:14:18 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0x14FDA)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFE405427DD7CF, 0x0, 0xFFFFF801B56A4FDA, 0x2)
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 2017-05-08 오전 3:48:23 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050817-4500-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (0xFFFFF80695A54FDA)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF9683DF40F024, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80695A54FDA, 0x2)

On Mon 2017-05-08 오전 1:47:48 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050817-4234-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (0xFFFFF802FB484FDA)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFA38C02C00A58, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802FB484FDA, 0x2)

On Sun 2017-05-07 오후 6:56:49 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050717-4187-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16BFD0)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

my pc spec
cpu : i5 6600
gpu : 970gtx
ram : 16gb(8+4+4)
SSD : samsung 850 pro 512gb
power : 600w

Solution
its going to be another driver, we just have to find it. Normally I would ask for dump files but i have found out recently the program they use to read them isn't working all that well. So instead we will try to get it to reveal itself to us.

You can try running driver verifer, just read the instructions carefully. It is part of win 10 designed to find misbehaving drivers. It will cause BSOD, that is its job since it tests drivers.

Once it bsod, run whocrashed and copy/paste summary in here and I see what I can do :)

Note: I have found it sometimes puts you into a boot loop after running this so it would help to have a copy of win 10 installer to boot into CMD and enter the command verifer /reset
download the Windows...

vgogh

Prominent
May 7, 2017
I reinstalled GPU driver with that link. Initially removed from program delete ,plus used ddu for clear removing. And install latest version of GPU driver.
I'll let you know if it work or not. Thanks for your help.

vgogh

Prominent
May 7, 2017
I reinstalled by following that method you metioned. Plus, I updated directx.
Seems dxgkrnl.sys problem is gone but another problem is occured.

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Tue 2017-05-09 오전 12:42:29 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050917-4187-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16BFD0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x48, 0xD, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800326E3EE2)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 2017-05-09 오전 12:42:29 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalPerformEndOfInterrupt+0xC6)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x48, 0xD, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800326E3EE2)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

On Mon 2017-05-08 오후 11:11:01 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050817-4234-02.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x24E2)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFEEABED6024E2, 0xFFFFDD81274F3850, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys
description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

On Mon 2017-05-08 오전 11:53:30 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050817-4390-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x24E2)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFFCDC5A6024E2, 0xFFFFBE01A3B30850, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys
description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

Mainly troubleshooted by win32kfull.sys and hal.dll.
Here's Bluescreenview HTML report for these BSODs.
http://1drv.ms/i/s!AkYCtVvVpgjgcSFdsKk1nf8-pYA

Colif

Win 11 Master
its going to be another driver, we just have to find it. Normally I would ask for dump files but i have found out recently the program they use to read them isn't working all that well. So instead we will try to get it to reveal itself to us.

You can try running driver verifer, just read the instructions carefully. It is part of win 10 designed to find misbehaving drivers. It will cause BSOD, that is its job since it tests drivers.

Once it bsod, run whocrashed and copy/paste summary in here and I see what I can do :)

Note: I have found it sometimes puts you into a boot loop after running this so it would help to have a copy of win 10 installer to boot into CMD and enter the command verifer /reset
download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

how to get to cmd
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
enter command used to stop verifer

Solution