My Windows 10 crashed and DISAPPEARED

Larissa_3

Prominent
May 8, 2017
Ok, first of all, I cannot count how many tutorials and FAQs I read over the last two days.

So, I was happy doing school work on my Asus Q504U (bought in FEBRUARY, mind you), when the computer started to run slow. I tried ctrl alt del, nothing worked. So I turned off the computer and all hell broke loose.

First, I got stuck in automatic repair loop. I even tried to reinstall my Windows 10 with the troubleshooting options, nothing worked. Then, I was able to do something with some codes on command prompt that took FOREVER (at this point you might have noticed I'm not completely tech savy) but finally my Windows was back, with all my files. I installed an antimalware software and Ccleaner to check for possible registry problems. I cleaned some thing up, everything seemed fine. But alas, this is not a happy story.

As I was watching Netflix, my notebook turned into a blue screen that said my computer needed to be reinitatied. So this is what I did, but guess what: from now on, my Windows DISAPPEARED.

No blue screen, no troubleshooting options. Just the ASUS logo and my BIOS telling me there's no operating system.

So I did what all the other tutorials told me to do: make an USB installation drive with the Windows Media Tool Creation (or whatever it's called). HOURS later, my USB was ready to install a brand new operating system... Right? NO! It doesn't recognize any USB I connect.

Is there help for me? Or should I just sit down and cry? What is going on?

Larissa_3

Prominent
May 8, 2017

I have no idea. I did configure the Media Tool Creation for x32, but I'll need to check it out when I arrive from work. Should it be formated in FAT32 system?

lymecore

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
Yes, that's the way for the UEFI BIOS to recognize the bootable drive but the media creation tool might have done it on it's own, hence the problem may be elsewhere.

Larissa_3

Prominent
May 8, 2017

Guys, I'd like to add that I had to send my poor notebook to maintenance. Apparently, a WIRE is kinda loose and it doesn't recognize the hard drive.

Thanks for the attention anyway!