Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I got this:

C2d e6300
Abit ab9 pro
256x 2 dual channel corsair
80 HDD
7900GS KO

And it slow & HOT ! =( ! why ? everything is stock, stock voltage, stock fan, stock bios what should i do ?

C2d e6300 = 50 C
7900GS = 57 C

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! HELP ? some program for make a test ?
or something for learn how to make OC ?

leo2kp

Distinguished
I agree, check the airflow in your case. If you don't have intake/exhaust, you're pretty much using already-heated air to 'cool' your stuff.

Your computer will never be any cooler than your room temperature unless you're using nitrogen or freon (basically AC'ing your PC). If your computer is constantly in a 50C environment, then that's the minimum you're going to run at. Water cooling only brings it further closer to your room temperature, same with air cooling.

Also make sure the fans on ur heatsinks are spinning and that you don't have any dust clogging your fins.

Good luck man :)

leo2kp

Distinguished
I just read your reply. The case looks sufficient for cooling, as long as the fans are running.

I'd go in to your BIOS and check your voltages manually (there's usually a power monitor spot to look) and compare them to what they're supposed to be. If anything is wrong, you may have a faulty BIOS/mobo. Make sure that it's running at the stock speeds (just because you haven't OC'd doesn't mean that the BIOS didn't set it at something higher...which would mean a crappy BIOS or processor). There are a lot of things it could be. Could be PSU pushing out too much power, could be cooling (though it seems unlikely), could be motherboard/BIOS, could be...anything. Eliminate everything you possibly can one by one.

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Is that 50 at load or idle?

If load, then you're fine, if idle, I would say that you didn't mount the crappy stock Intel HSF right and that's probably whats affecting your temps. Reseat the HSF and see if that helps. Make sure you push diagonal supports first... the stock HSF is fairly difficult to install...

Marco_polo

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I just read your reply. The case looks sufficient for cooling, as long as the fans are running.

I'd go in to your BIOS and check your voltages manually (there's usually a power monitor spot to look) and compare them to what they're supposed to be. If anything is wrong, you may have a faulty BIOS/mobo. Make sure that it's running at the stock speeds (just because you haven't OC'd doesn't mean that the BIOS didn't set it at something higher...which would mean a crappy BIOS or processor). There are a lot of things it could be. Could be PSU pushing out too much power, could be cooling (though it seems unlikely), could be motherboard/BIOS, could be...anything. Eliminate everything you possibly can one by one.

MMMMmmmmmm maybe both fans are in bad position i mean one that is suposed to suck the air is putting air mmm and its a big problem if im using 500watts pin 20 in mobo 24 with adapter ?

MMMMmmmmmm maybe both fans are in bad position i mean one that is suposed to suck the air is putting air mmm and its a big problem if im using 500watts pin 20 in mobo 24 with adapter ?

So, you're using a different PSU than the one that came with the case (the newegg diagrams show a 20+4 pin connector)?

This could be a problem, too many amps coming in on too few wires, which are getting hot. Your VGA card needs a fair amount of juice too. You could be straining your PSU (even if it says 500W; if it's cheap it may only be good for 400W).

The side fan should be blowing IN, and the rear fan OUT. Is there a place for a front fan to blow IN too?