how to remove creators update if past the recovery limit

Sweeds

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
i got the creators update to test out game mode and stuff but now a statement was released by the company that made my drawing software "clip studio paint pro" which says the creators uppdate causes lag when zooming in and it does and its really annoying but i didnt know that the update caused this before. So i want to roll back the update but its past the 10 day mark and the windows.old file is gone now and if i go to recovery i see "this option is no longer available because your pc was upgraded more than 10 days ago"

is there any way to roll back now? or can i like re install windows to the old version but keep all my files?

unfortunately no, you can't install an older version of windows over a newer one because windows will always keep the newer version of its files. you could try doing a clean install if you have an old ISO version of windows 10 but it would get updated back the the creators update eventually since you can't turn off auto updates in windows 10

Colif

Win 11 Master
If the system restore files weren't wiped by the update, you could use those... but they are wiped so that won't help.

There is no easy way to go back to a previous build unless you ran backups. You would need to backup all your files and fresh install an older version... how you stop windows just upgrading again is the tough part. Unless you have Pro you can't turn updates off.

Are the software company going to fix the problem or are they just going to blame Windows?

Sweeds

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015

they just say "we appologize for the inconvenience" and list a temporary fix of increase windows text zoom to over %100 which apperantly fixes it but i dont want to have to do that whenever i go to draw i just want my stuff to work.
i dont see any plans to permanantly fix it from them but i would rather not sit around and wait for it

Colif

Win 11 Master
This is to inform you on the status of support for CLIP STUDIO PAINT to Windows 10 Creators Update.
At this time, tests have been conducted to verify operation of the latest release of Windows 10 Creators Update, and it has been confirmed that no errors are present in fundamental operations.

http://www.clipstudio.net/en/news/201507/2015072101

public face different to private? or different people?

I understand where you are coming from but I am not sure of a fix. You can get old versions of Win 10 but stopping it becoming CU is difficult.

Sweeds

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015

im not really sure. but one of theyre fixes listed is to set windows scaling at a value over %100 and i set it as a custom value of %101 and that fixes the zoom issue without having any noticable difference on windows itself. so i guess this is my temp fix :/

I still want to downgrade to older windows 10 tho since i feel like the cuplprit of another big issue im having is the creators update

you might as well deal with it now since you can't disable updates in windows 10. if you have windows 10 pro you can defer updates for a few months but eventually it will install it again

but the irony here would be with the creators update MS is giving more control over updates

Sweeds

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015

ever since around i updated to the creators update my pc takes like 5 minutes to shut down, hangs on the shutdown screen for a long time. ie tried everything but pretty much gave up. i will have a lot more time to mess with stuff this summer so ill probably just do a clean windows 10 install then when i have the time and see if that fixes it or just wait until i build a new pc