Building a new rig and need help with monitor suggestions

MerkSession

Prominent
May 9, 2017
I am building a new gaming rig. Which will probably be my last gaming rig as i dont game as much as i used to. I am a AMD fan from way back to the skt 754 days so i am wanting it to be an AMD rig.

That being said i will be purchasing a 1800x, 32gb of ram, a X370 mobo and the Vega card when it drops. Until then i will be putting in a RX580 to hold me over until Vega's release date.

I have a very nice 65 inch 4k Samsung hdr tv and want something similar in picture quality to that.

I am having trouble deciding between 1440p @ 144hz and a 4k @ 60hz considering the monitor will only be 27 or 28 inches and be arms length away. I was trying to keep the monitor budget around 400 and so and am leaning towards the LG 27UD58P-B IPS 4K UHD Free-Sync Gaming Monitor.

I am hoping to place the order for all the parts today if i can decide so any and all help is greatly appreciated

Solution
I ended up going with a 1080ti and the PG278Q. Which has a significant amount of back light bleed. I was unsure how i would like the curved monitor for anything outside of gaming on the samsung.

Cant wait for these new 4k 144hz monitors to come out.

Debating on returning this one and ordering another to see if it has less bleed.
Lets be honest, for 400 dollars youre not getting something close to your TV.

Also keep in mind that youre going the Amd route, just to keep in mind youre not getting nvidia panels later on.
So you cannot get juicy panels like the asus pg348q

hmm if you want that route i would get this.

2k , 144hz with freesync is this PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Monitor: Asus - MG279Q 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor ($549.00 @ B&H)
Total: $549.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-09 14:51 EDT-0400

i personally dont like lg, their stuff is poorly assembled.

MerkSession

Prominent
May 9, 2017

You have opened up Pandora's box my friend. I spent all night looking at widescreen monitors and have decided that it is indeed the way i want to go. I really like that Asus pg348q monitor. I am not fond of the stand but i am sure that can be easily swapped out.

I did stuble across this monitor last night though Samsung CF791 Curved Widescreen Monitor

Im a big fan of quantum dot from my TV. You can lose an hr just staring at the color reproduction and picture quality on that thing.

I also really like the Acer X34a, which i am sure you are familiar with so i wont link .

What is your opinion on the Samsung monitor and how it compares to the Asus and the Acer?

Thank you for your previous post. You most likely saved me from second guessing or regretting purchasing a monitor of lesser quality.

If it helps this is the TV in my living room i am wanting something similar too 65" Class KS8000 4K SUHD TV

MerkSession

Prominent
May 9, 2017
I ended up going with a 1080ti and the PG278Q. Which has a significant amount of back light bleed. I was unsure how i would like the curved monitor for anything outside of gaming on the samsung.

Cant wait for these new 4k 144hz monitors to come out.

Debating on returning this one and ordering another to see if it has less bleed.

Solution