my computer starts but no display and then it shuts down again

evilmonkey257

Prominent
May 9, 2017
i built my first pc today, all parts are new, but when i power it on everything starts like normal, but no display and after half a minute it powers off and a few seconds later it tries it again. what can i do to fix this?

Solution
i have fixed my pc, i took it out of the case i removed everything an i put it all back together and it started to work, must have had a lose conponents that was not going in before. used celeron cpu to update to f20 bios to be able to use my i5. now its all connected and working. thank you for your help alexoiu

evilmonkey257

Prominent
May 9, 2017
theres no display from either the gpu or motherboard. but that might not be the issue, the computer powers up and then shuts down again. like its a fail safe or something

Most probably the board does need a BIOS update for supporting the Kaby,
You'd need a supported CPU for that. Try returning the board and getting instead a H270 or B250 board.

evilmonkey257

Prominent
May 9, 2017
instead of getting a different motherboard, could i use a cpu that the motherboard does support, update it to use my new cpu and then swap the supported cpu for the new cpu.

evilmonkey257

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Could I install the bios update onto a USB and then plug that into my computer for the bios to update without having to find a different cpu to do the update on so I can use my new cpu

evilmonkey257

Prominent
May 9, 2017
i installed the celeron which is supported on this motherboard with the current version of bios but it does the same as the i5 that is not supported. when i have the cpu in, the fans power on and after a few seconds it turns off and reboots again. but when my cpu is out all fans power on, including the cpu cooler and it doesn't turn off/ or reboot. the motherboard has a light which only shows when its got power AND the cpu is instilled. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS?

evilmonkey257

Prominent
May 9, 2017
i have fixed my pc, i took it out of the case i removed everything an i put it all back together and it started to work, must have had a lose conponents that was not going in before. used celeron cpu to update to f20 bios to be able to use my i5. now its all connected and working. thank you for your help alexoiu

Solution