Very funky issue I believe to be Hardware related but ONLY ocurs on wake from sleep

Lycanthrope74

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Hi All
New user here hoping for a solution to a very weird problem as this Forum's Users have helped me no end before. I've been through Tech Support with ASUS, Microsoft, Intel & Nvidia &, am here as my last hope to resolve this.

Firstly, my Rig (built myself): -
ASUS B-85 PLUS Motherboard
Intel i5 Processor
DDR3 memory cards 16GB (2x8 in pairs two Motherboard bays)
Nvidia GTX660 GPU Card (currently uninstalled & physically removed due to this issue)
Samsung Solid State "System" Drive 500GB & Seagate Barracuda "E:\Data" drive 3TB both brand new due to this issue
OS - Windows 10 64bit Creators Edition

The issue: -
*This machine worked without any issues under Windows 7 64bit*
ONLY when I wake the machine up from sleep I try to use an Office file (EG Word &/or Excel) the machine will either refuse to open the file saying it is corrupt or damaged & do I want to attempt repair? Or, it will open the file & then when I amend it in anyway shape or form & try to save it, it will say that the File has errors in it (or is corrupted) & do i want to attempt repairs into a new file. If i run a disk check on the E:\ Drive (where the files are located) it reports errors that need to be fixed.
If i restart the machine, without doing anything with the Office files or attempting repair on the disk the files are stored on, everything works completely fine until the OS next goes to sleep &, on wake up, the whole loop starts again. It seems the longer I leave the machine asleep before waking it up, the worse the "curruption" appears but, there is no corruption as, soon as i restart or start again from a cold boot everything works completely fine.

I've been through Microsoft Support (who insist it isn't an OS issue after several reinstallations & purchasing brand new drives); Nvidia Support (hence why the Graphics Card is now completely uninstalled & physically removed); and ASUS Support who seemed to be under a Jedi mind spell once i confirmed with them I was on the latest Motherboard drivers. I have just opened a case with Intel support but thought i would try this forum as well as it has helped me before.

I have a sneaky suspicion it is the SATA &/or Intel Chipset Drivers because Intel Rapid Storage Technology flatly refuses to run & for the fact that, under my Windows 7 environment when everything worked fine, I only had one C:System drive not two seperate drives as i have now? I would like to conclusively prove that though, if its possible? Is anybody aware of any Utility tools to test the whole hardware rig (i don;t maind paying for it but, don;t want to use a Norton Utilities for example)? Also, I don't seem to be able to uninstall the Intel Drivers & put new ones on as Windows (trying as it does to be ever helpful) keeps automatically reinstalling the ones it thinks i need on restart after driver removal; how can i stop/get round this? I would like to go back to the original Motherboard & Intel drivers that came with the Motherboard & Processor & start again if that's in any way possible?

Any help or advice appreciated, thanks.

Lycanthrope74

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Hi All
Using a varying mix of Microsoft, Nvidia, ASUS & Intel tech Support plus, my own experience by way of elimination, the problem has bee identified and resolved. It turned out to be the SATA Drivers that were the root cause of the problem. Windows was automatically installing the Intel SATA Driver which then was showing as working normally in Device Manager so, no giveaways. When I tried to remove the drivers it forced me to restart at which point it was reinstalling them automatically. When i uninstalled & restarted in safe mode & installed the ASUS Sata Driver file, everything was fine & dandy.