Microsoft has dropped support for the original version of Windows 10

Danijel08

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Hey guys!

Kitguru posted an interesting piece on Microsoft dropping support for Windows 10 (http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/operating-systems/matthew-wilson/microsoft-has-dropped-support-for-the-original-version-of-windows-10/) and now I am wondering: my Home edition features build 1607, specifically 14393.1066 build, it also says Creators update is on its way when I open PC settings-am I going to have to update to Creators build in order to receive crucial security and bug fixes and if not, am I losing the support.

Thanks!

Solution
The Anniversary edition was released July 2016, the version the article is talking about was released July 2015, there is a pretty good chance that in the next 2 years you will get the CU so don't worry about it

CU is out, it was released 3 weeks ago, you will get it as an update in the next 2 months or so maximum.

Windows 10 build 1507 was given a longer lifeline while Microsoft settled in to its update routine. From now on, older feature versions of Windows will lost support around 60 days after the latest major update releases. Essentially, if you haven’t installed the Anniversary or Creators updates for Windows 10, quality and security updates will come to a stop.

Thats one way to keep people up to date.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The Anniversary edition was released July 2016, the version the article is talking about was released July 2015, there is a pretty good chance that in the next 2 years you will get the CU so don't worry about it

CU is out, it was released 3 weeks ago, you will get it as an update in the next 2 months or so maximum.

Windows 10 build 1507 was given a longer lifeline while Microsoft settled in to its update routine. From now on, older feature versions of Windows will lost support around 60 days after the latest major update releases. Essentially, if you haven’t installed the Anniversary or Creators updates for Windows 10, quality and security updates will come to a stop.

Thats one way to keep people up to date.

Solution