CS:GO Crashes when i'm starting it up

Tom_1992

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Basically i reformatted my computer i had no service pack 1 and my CS:GO was flawless except from a few micro lags. No crashes nothing. My friends started nagging me about coming on ts3 for 10 man gathers we play so i thought i'd try find my product key so i can begin download SP1.

I realised i'd actually lost my product key for windows. I tried the one on the back of my laptop but that was for windows 7 pro. Mine was windows 7 home premium. Anyway i upgraded it got sp1 download all updates then i was completely upto date. But now my CS:GO would crash when loading maps. Crash while I was playing on the map. and when i minimise and maximise again to go on fb/insta and other stuff. it would take a lot longer than previously before. So i reformatted once more but using the windows 7 Home premium which i couldn't find before. which didn't help. I contacted steam support and they said i needed 2GB of ram spare to run the game. So i looked at my ram and realised i had 32 bit of windows installation.

Thats when i realised i could actually upgrade to windows 10 for free which i did. it's free up a lot of my ram which is 8GB btw. Now when I start up CS:GO it goes to a black screen. if i have discord and youtube on in the background i can hear them working but then after a certain point they will stop. I've tried alt + tabing and CTRL ALT DELETE. Nothing works so i restart my pc. I've been looking online for solutions for over 2 weeks now and nothing seems to work for me.

GrowTFM

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016

Then i recommend reinstalling Windows if you have tried everything.

Tom_1992

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Well now i've fixed the startup problem and its not crashing when im always on cs:go but when i alt tab or minimise and maximise it sometimes its crashing.