Windows 10 update problems

sublimeaces1968

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
I have been letting this go for a while and its finally catching up. I had a problem installing windows update KB4019472. I tried almost everything I have read on the forums and even did a reinstall of windows 10 and that didn't fix it. I let it go thinking when a new update came out I would be able to skip but now its just taking up HD space. I just deleted everything in the Windows/SoftwareDistribution/download folder and am re downloading updates.. Problem is I see it back on the DL list along with KB3216755 and KB3201845.

I believe its going to try to do 472 first and fail and then i'm back to square one. Also i have a new folder called windows10Upgrade that is taking up a lot of space and i don't know what to do with it? Can i somehow skip 9472 since it keep failing. it gets to 99% then says undoing changes loop.

Thanks for your help.

Solution

Hello again

Since nothing seems to work, you can try Resetting Windows to Factory Settings (without removing your personal files), and then try installing the updates.

Cheers!!

sublimeaces1968

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016

I have done this and hid it, then i downloaded the windowsupdate trouble shooter it comes back with 2 things that it fixed and i ran the DISM restore health and it goes to 100 % along with sfc / scan now. I then go to update my computer it gets to 100% then says can't complete the updates. So i am officially screwed until someone helps me because i don't know what to do! I have tried about everything i can think of. I guess it isn't just isolated at
kb4019472 because kb3201845 just failed and so did kb3216755

What can i do now?

Hello again sublimeaces1968

I was wondering if the BIOS of your computer is updated and that all the device drivers are up to date? Sometime the obsolete device drivers may conflict with Windows updates.

Please report back with the results so we can help you with better solutions if need be.

Cheers!! :)

sublimeaces1968

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016

thanks for the reply. I just checked through an internet flash on my asrock z77 extreme 6 mobo and I am up to date. Now that you mention it i remember reading somewhere that even Xfast usb connection thing can conflict with windows updates

Where should i go from here?

Hello again

If I were you, I would have tried removing Xfast USB from the PC, installed all the Windows updates, and have tried reinstalling Xfast USB from here.

Good Luck!! :)

sublimeaces1968

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016

Hi, sorry for implying i had that installed. I was just saying i read that. That is not currently on my pc

Hello again

Since nothing seems to work, you can try Resetting Windows to Factory Settings (without removing your personal files), and then try installing the updates.

Cheers!!

Solution

sublimeaces1968

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016

OK UPDATE: just did a fresh install of win10 with remove everything. I have everything sitting in a windows.old untouched. I started downloading updates BEFORE anything else. And I mean anything, chrome or NVidia. I just failed my updates with error code 0x8007045b I am re downloading all the updates and will get back to you

sublimeaces1968

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
Alright, nights not over for me yet boys. I installed windows 10 right off my usb and did not check for updates during initial install. I have successfully installed all updates UNTILL feature update to windows 10 version 1607. I can download it just fine until I restart to update. It then gets stuck at exactly 22% EVERY TIME. I just downloaded media creation tool and selected update this pc and its currently at 6% progress of downloading windows 10. Is this a waste of time or will this be an answer to my problem?

Thanks again for help!