Google chrome refuses to work after new Windows update

Victor_97

Prominent
May 11, 2017
Windows 10 has decided to auto update itself over night only for me to wake up and all my tabs on chrome were gone and chrome won't work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, no success. When it installs, I go on the ,Apps, and it shows the chrome but it's 0 space taken meaning it's not actually installed.
I've disabled all anti virus and Windows defender . No luck. I did although manage to download Firefox but I can't use these browsers, I need chrome back as its integrated for all my devices.

Any help?

Solution
I can't see anything linking that patch to chrome problems

You could try upgrading windows to latest version since you still on 1607, and 1703 came out last month. If you want, go to here, press 1st button. it will download the upgrade assistant. If you run it, it will upgrade win 10 to Creators edition

I don't know if this will help though.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Good thing you don't have windows 10 S as it won't let you install any apps not on the store - http://www.zdnet.com/article/what-is-windows-10-s/ but its unlikely you got that as an update

try making a local account, make it admin and see if it lets you install chrome. If it does, your normal user may be corrupt but its easy to swap to a new one. Just copy contents of c/users/username of old user onto new one. Then just need to set up browsers again, and onedrive if you used it.

Victor_97

Prominent
May 11, 2017

That's the issue. on my update history, it says 'Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based systems (KB4019472)'................. It won't let me undo that update. I tried downloading it with a different user, won't let me either. ... :(

Colif

Win 11 Master
I can't see anything linking that patch to chrome problems

You could try upgrading windows to latest version since you still on 1607, and 1703 came out last month. If you want, go to here, press 1st button. it will download the upgrade assistant. If you run it, it will upgrade win 10 to Creators edition

I don't know if this will help though.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS