No video output after Windows 10 finished loading. Have to boot two times.

Kiekerr

Prominent
May 11, 2017
I'm working on a secondary PC from spare parts and I can't figure out what's going on.

When I hit the power button, everything spins, everything works, Bios shows, Post shows, motherboard detects CPU, RAM and GPU. PC is stable overall, memtest passed, diskcheck passed.

Problem is whenever it hasn't been turned on for a day, I always have to boot twice.
During the first boot everything seems to work, but after the Windows 10 loading screen fades, my monitor goes into the ''can't find signal'' mode.
PC however is still running and I can still hear the HDD loading things.
I force the pc to shutdown by holding the powerbutton for 4 seconds. I turn it on again, and during the second try all the problems seem to have gone away. Windows just loads fine and I get the ''Welcome'' screen.

Isn't it weird that I always have to boot 2 times for it to work?

Current specs:
E8500 (stock atm)
Asus P5Q Deluxe
HyperX 4GB ddr2 (1066mhz)
9800GT
160GB Sata Maxtor

Solution
Hello Kiekerr

Looks like the PC tries to detect a secondary screen the first time it boots, and when it cannot find the secondary output, it shows the Can't find signal message.

What you can do is, press the Windows + P keys together, and choose PC screen only from the options that appear.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!! :)
Hello Kiekerr

Looks like the PC tries to detect a secondary screen the first time it boots, and when it cannot find the secondary output, it shows the Can't find signal message.

What you can do is, press the Windows + P keys together, and choose PC screen only from the options that appear.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!! :)

Solution