No boot after updating BIOS for new APU

tiz___yab

Prominent
May 11, 2017
My FM2 motherboard dont support Richland APUs. after updating BIOS for supporting Richland APU (downloaded from mobo website) , and after reset, there is no boot, only mobo power up and CPU fan spinning and nothing more and no screen.

this mean its time to install my new Richland APU? or there is something wrong?

(I know some ways for resetting BIOS, but i think maybe this behavior is a common process for updating CPU or APUs) .

RektSkrubz

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
I'd unplug from the wall and reset the cmos battery at the same time. Wait about 5 mins, or at least until all LEDs go out, and hold the power button for 5 seconds to make sure all capacitors have drained. Then put the battery back in and plug back into the wall.

tiz___yab

Prominent
May 11, 2017

ok, so this is not a sign of "ready for Install new APU" ?

Mojazz

Notable
May 11, 2017
It is not a sign to install the APU but you need to install it just to complete the process. You have an integrated graphics core with that APU. Do not forget, when you update a bios you have to make sure all proper boot devices are selected after the bios update is completed. Get into that bios to ensure all your previous settings are reset to your preferance. Are you running off the integrated graphics core only or do you have a separate GPU card installed?

tiz___yab

Prominent
May 11, 2017

So maybe simply installing APU solve the problem? (if you have experiences in this case)

- No, i don't have separate GPU.

Mojazz

Notable
May 11, 2017
As I mentioned, complete the process and install the new APU. Why would you update the bios to install the APU and not install it? Once again, after you install the APU, go into the bios and ensure that the boot device with the operating system is selected. If for some reason you still have the USB stick with the updated bios on it still connected,remove it. If you refuse to do any of the above steps, no one can help you further.

TRENDING THREADS