Windows 10 creating secondary user account errors

Scibility

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015
Hi,

When i try to create a secondary user account (local account) it will just sign it off emediately whenever i try to login. Then i made it a Admin account temporarily and it did log in but nothing would boot from there, like google chrome etc, so i still can't do anything yet.

Please help me with this problem!

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you copy the contents of the primary users c/users/username folder onto the top of the new user as that will give it access to all the files - unless you don't want that.

User profiles in win 10 seems to be a problem that didn't exist before. This is first time I seen this particular one. I wish there was a troubleshooter for users...

Sounds like only answer is a reset. Something is wrong but I don't really have a way to fix it. You can try sfc /scannow in command prompt but I bet it finds nothing wrong

search cortana for command prompt, right click suggestion and run as admin
type sfc /scannow and press enter
it will scan and fix system files

Scibility

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015

did you copy the contents of the primary users c/users/username folder onto the top of the new user as that will give it access to all the files - unless you don't want that.

No i dont want this it has to be its own user with its own documents.

and i did sfc /scannow last night, just didn't check the results yet i will check it now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wasn't sure what user was for and many people find they need to swap users as Win 10 breaks them.

which version of windows 10 are you on?
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter

if you on any version before 1703, you could go to here and click upgrade now. this will download the upgrade assistant, run it and it will upgrade win 10 to current version

If you on 1703, the problem could be a new bug since this update seems to be good at breaking things. It broke DISM or I would suggest you run it as well.

Scibility

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015

First of all I'm sorry for the late reply i didnt see this!

I'm currently on windows 10 pro 64 bit version 1703

Also to add some potential important information, i have 2 admin accounts currently already working. i just can't get a 3rd user to work.

Hope you still reply thank you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I found this same issue happened to my home PC running Windows 10. This machine had been upgraded from Windows 8. On that Windows 8 machine I had third-party software installed that bypassed the Metro UI and went right to the desktop. As it turns out, this software left a bit of info in my registry prohibiting me from signing in unless the account was an admin.
If you can somehow get logged in in safe mode or under an administrator account, check out the registry.

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Winlogon

Look at the UserInit key. Make sure it doesn't have anything extra in it. It should only contain C:Windows\system3\userinit.exe

Once I deleted the extra info added, I was able to log in again.
Good luck.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/user-account-immediately-logged-off-after-entering/36d98832-5313-4b14-a63a-e919dcd201d2