Can I clean install Windows 10 but NOT creators update?

Shauna333

Honorable
Mar 1, 2016
Hi, I just got a new SSD a couple weeks ago and put Windows 10 on it with a USB using windows ISO media creation tool.

I automatically got WIndows 10 Creators Update (Version 1703). Or maybe I updated it without knowing, (but I don't think so). I'm having a lot of trouble with it and am also trying to troubleshoot other issues, so I would like to go to a different version of Windows if possible.

Is there a way to get an older version of Windows 10? I can't go back to a previous version since it's a new SSD and the option isn't there for me through recovery options.

Solution
if you made a new ISO a few weeks ago, it would have had Creators edition on it since its been out almost 4 weeks now.

even if you could get an older version, it will just update itself to the latest version anyway.

What are the problems and maybe we can fix those instead of going backwards?

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you made a new ISO a few weeks ago, it would have had Creators edition on it since its been out almost 4 weeks now.

even if you could get an older version, it will just update itself to the latest version anyway.

What are the problems and maybe we can fix those instead of going backwards?

Solution

Shauna333

Honorable
Mar 1, 2016
I see. So there's no way for me to get an older version, like Anniversary update? Does everyone get automatically updated to Creators? Because I still have Anniversary Update on my other computers..

Colif

Win 11 Master
Everyone will get updated to creators edition, its just they have 100 million + computers to get to so it takes time. Think they try to make sure the drivers on PC are up to date before running it.

there are ways to get old builds but its inevtiable that you will get the update