No Bootable Device Detected Windows 10

Skullcursher588

Reputable
May 24, 2015
My computer was working perfectly fine yesterday, I decided to turn it off, came back two hours later, and when I turned it on, I got the error message telling me there was no bootable drive detected. Nothing I tried would fix the issue, so I decided that I would just try reinstalling windows, but I'm unable to do that since I do not have a disc to do so. If I want to reinstall windows, I would have to do it after booting up my computer properly and being able to log in, and due to this issue I cannot boot up my computer. I've had the computer for about eight months now, so it isn't very old, I even ran a full diagnostic that took about three hours to do, everything passed so I'm not sure what's wrong at the moment. Anyone have any possible solutions to this at all? Thanks in advance for any replies

Solution
Hi,

This could due to hard drive or OS issue. Since the hard drive diagnostic test has passed, it could be the issue with the Windows 10. You need not require a disc for re-installation, if your PC have a recovery partition. But before we proceed make sure that you have taken a back up of your files.
Could you kindly share the details of your computer (the model), because the re-installation process is different for different brands and confirm whether it is a upgraded version of Windows 10 or an OEM.

Andrea Mathew

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Hi,

This could due to hard drive or OS issue. Since the hard drive diagnostic test has passed, it could be the issue with the Windows 10. You need not require a disc for re-installation, if your PC have a recovery partition. But before we proceed make sure that you have taken a back up of your files.
Could you kindly share the details of your computer (the model), because the re-installation process is different for different brands and confirm whether it is a upgraded version of Windows 10 or an OEM.

Solution