Ghost Recon Tarija Error FIX

Shepherd_1

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Problem: can connect to online season but can not connect to friends(Tarija error or some other error)
After I tried everything from opening ports, updating firmware, updating drivers etc I've found a simple fix.
What you need to do:
-download Hamachi; you and your friends
-create free account
-create a new network(give it a name, and a password)
-let your friends join the existing network
-DONE-open up the game and connect with your friends, let Hamachi run in background, you won't get any errors anymore.
I do not know how or why this works but it does; maybe it makes some kind of connection between you and your friends(some data exchange) that the game can not do.
Reply if this helps you
Hamachi download link:
http://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/Downloads/LogMeIn-Hamachi-Windows-sfdwn0105

Carnaxus

Reputable
Apr 18, 2017
Hamachi creates a virtual private network that tricks games and other programs into thinking that the computers on its network are all on a single LAN, even though they in truth may be hundreds of miles apart. It's a seriously handy program for playing Minecraft with just a few friends, among other things.

The reason it works for you in Ghost Recon is probably that same fake-LAN trick. Ghost Recon: Wildlands, correct? Ubisoft's devs decided to be lazy and didn't make the game capable of opening its own ports while running and then closing them, but Hamachi makes a secure tunnel between computers on all ports and then opens them only on its own network. I put in a bug report about constantly being given "NAT type: Offline" and they said "oh just forward these ports and you'll be fine." I told them I wasn't going to open holes in my firewall just because their game can't open them itself, and they told me that it was the only solution. I explained to them in as much detail as possible exactly how and why their devs had screwed up, and got the same response. Their devs don't want to admit that they're not perfect, so they're forcing people to reduce the security of their networks to cover up their own laziness.

...Sorry, it's a bit of a sore subject.

Shepherd_1

Prominent
May 10, 2017

Yes it is, for a huge company to make you open those huge amounts of ports it is just wrong.I just wanted to share this thing about Hamachi because it is easy and does not pose a risk for your pc.
Oh, and btw, I opened all ports that they recommended and even more and it still did not work that way. Also the game is poorly poorly optimized, I launch it, i have 70 fps, if i go alt+tab or lauch it again it will drop to 40. Failed Ubisoft

Carnaxus

Reputable
Apr 18, 2017
I told them I'm a network admin and they basically said "if you're really a network admin then you know that opening ports isn't that big of a risk, people aren't randomly scanning for open ports." I replied "If you'd actually gone and taken a single networking class you'd know that that's exactly what people do, they use programs that sniff out open ports at random. Please stop trying to sound smart and tell your devs to stop being lazy."

A few days later the game stopped working again (originally it didn't launch properly apparently due to something in my temp files). What I don't get is that apparently GR:W is reading files other than its own in the temp files folder, and it's crashing due to some file it finds in there not being the way it likes. Problem is, as I understand it, the way temp files work is that they're created by certain programs to hold data that's only relevant to that program. So the question now becomes what in the flying f*** is GR:W doing reading files other than its own? Obvious spying is obvious, Ubisoft. Get your collective heads out of your collective butts and FIX. YOUR. GAME.

Ugh. Y'know what, maybe we should all start a petition. Send it out to all the GR:W players who've had issues. Maaaaaybe once Ubisoft sees just how many people know that it's BS they'll give the devs a swift kick in the pants and tell them to fix it.

...Naaaaah, who am I kidding, this is Ubisoft we're talking about.

Shepherd_1

Prominent
May 10, 2017

You know, I'm glad I got the game with the GPU and not spent 60 bucks on it.Yesterday when I was playing with about 70fps I wanted to turn down the sound a bit and the fps droped to 30. GOD DAMN 30, just for a minute but hey, I just changed the volume o_O.Ubisoft just wants to finish a game fast, make money out of it and start working on a new game.They do not respect their customers and it is far from being the first time they do this. The game is incredible but it has more problems then a 60 year old pregnant woman with cancer.

TRENDING THREADS