Comptia A+ studying books

Luis_MCL

Prominent
May 12, 2017
Hi there. Could anyone give me advice about what are the best books to study at own pace, for CompTIA A+? Thanks in advance.

Solution
I heard that Mike Meyers' books are pretty good. I'm a video man myself. I used Professor Messer's videos to pass my exam. Also with his course notes, that helped a lot. Just know that the A+ is broken down into two partss: 901 and 902. So try not to study for everything at once, because it could be too much to handle. Take your time, and give your time to study. Are you a visual learner or hands on?
I heard that Mike Meyers' books are pretty good. I'm a video man myself. I used Professor Messer's videos to pass my exam. Also with his course notes, that helped a lot. Just know that the A+ is broken down into two partss: 901 and 902. So try not to study for everything at once, because it could be too much to handle. Take your time, and give your time to study. Are you a visual learner or hands on?

Solution

theyeti87

Honorable
Working on A+ Cert myself. It is best to take it one exam at a time. Don't push yourself too hard to attempt both exams on the same day. Give yourself some time between the two and study specifically for one, then the next.

I have also found that, in addition to training videos, you are able to buy practice exams that are worded and built as close to the real exam as you can get. Since the entire exam is multiple-choice, studying practice tests in the same format should serve you well.

Not the ENTIRE exam. You do have PBQs that can be tricky, and can make or break the test. When I took both of my A+ exams, there were things that I didn't realize it. However, in the future questions, it helped with previous questions (if that made sense). Same thing with Network+ and Security+. Stay away from Cert Blaster. I dropped $100 and there questions are outdated and don't really focus training you. Some guy named Darryl G made an android app and it does WONDERS. It is probably hte most helped. And it's under $10. Also start away from CertMaster (from CompTIA) as it really doesn't help either.

If you want books, then go that route. If you want videos Professor Messer and his course notes is good too. If you want practice, get the app from that Darryl G guy.

TRENDING THREADS