Corrupt Windows, Corrupt HDD or Corrupt RAM? Help me find out!

jobo789

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
Alright, here goes.

Pc works fine, had Windows 10 since day 1 and never had a problem with it. One day, roughly 9 or 10 days ago, I cleaned the inside of my PC and re-routed the wires better like i'd been telling myself to do for about 7 years, didn't touch RAM or CPU/cooling tower during process. It was within a couple of days of this that shit started happening.

First BSOD happened, System_Service_Exception for the file win32kbase.sys . I thought nothing of it since it was the first one i've had on Windows 10.

Then I started noticing weird things like my webpages crashing absolutely randomly. At first I put this down to Chrome being weird and then a BSOD accompanied one, Critical_Process_Died.

From that point onwards I had atleast a BSOD every day (active 8-12 hours per day): System_Service_Exception again, Memory_Management twice, irql_gt_zero_at_system_service and Kernel_Security_Check_Failure.

Things I did:

• Reseated all my hardware, wires, I even reset the BIOS battery on the MOBO.
    Made sure all drivers were up to date.
    Full Antivirus scan - Clean.
    Memtest - Thought i'd see if one of my sticks of RAM had packed up since multiple BSODs are apparently a symptom of that. Clean.

Command Prompt Things I did:

• SFC /scannow - Would either fail to complete or come back with a few things unfixed. I would post the logs but can't due to the most recent thing I did.
    DISM /online /cleanup-image /check(&restore)health - The check would succeed, the restore would always fail and throw back a random code.
    chkdsk /f /x /r - Could never complete, would get stuck or BSOD halfway through.

Sometime during all of this I noticed that my main HDD was almost always operating at 100% usage in Task Manager, although it would be at low read/write speeds the average response time would bounce between 30ms and 3000ms.
I tried a few things like disabling services and such, but it turns out it was Windows Update trying to download KB4019472. So I let it download and since it was a big update it had to restart my PC and do it that way.

Naturally it got interupted by a BSOD and has been failing to download and install ever since. Even after I reinstalled windows (The most recent thing) using the "Reset this PC" option (Since I don't have a disk drive or a bootable device to install Win10 on) it's been trying to get this download still. I tried to download and install it manually but the installer said that it was "not applicable to your system."

Oh and the SFC, DISM and chkdsk results are the same as they were before I reinstalled Windows 10.

So i'm completely out of ideas. Which is it folks?

System: i7 4790K
Asus Z97-p MOBO
16GB 1600mhz Corsair Vengenace RAM
EVGA Nvidia Titan X (Maxwell)
500GB +1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

jobo789

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013

The OS is on the 500GB and is the primary drive. Both drives are connected via SATA, have also tried swapping SATA AND SATA power cables as well as using different SATA ports on the MOBO.

The rest of your message I cannot interpret.

jobo789

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013

Okay you say "Use the maker software" but I don't know what that means and you're not explaining what it is or where to find it.

Also I stated in the post that I do not have a DVD drive. I have however completely formatted both HDDs and reinstalled Windows 10 on the 1TB drive now, using a USB external Hard drive as a bootable. The BSOD issues have not happened yet however webpages in Chrome are still crashing at random and upon loading which is a symptom I forgot to mention in the original post.