BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled

adammcd94

Prominent
May 12, 2017
Hello,

I've been at this problem for hours now and just cannot get Windows to boot. Every time I reboot I get the "Windows Boot Manager" telling me that windows failed to start. When trying to boot into windows it fails straight away with the above BSOD.

Steps tried:
Repair Computer from Bootable USB (Windows 10 installation Media) - "problem could not be fixed)
SFC Scan Now from Bootable USB - "Windows Resource Protection error"
Removed Graphics Cards and putting them back in.
Removing Motherboard Battery for 10 minutes.

I am unable to access Safe Mode as the same BSOD appears when trying to boot to safe mode.
I am unable to reinstall Windows (All drives are listed as being MBR and so Windows refuses to install onto them)

System Details:
i7 5820k
Asus Strix 1070 * 2 in SLI with Nvidia HB Bridge
Boot drive Samsung NVME M.2 950 Pro SSD
Other Drives:
Samsung 850 SSD (Mostly Games)
2TB Hard Drive (Mostly Games)
1TB Hard Drive (Easeus Backups stored here)
Asus X99A Gaming 7 Motherboard
16gb Corsair LPX

Please let me know if there is any other information that would be helpful! Would really appreciate any help here. I've gone through everything I can find online about this problem and I just cannot get passed it.

Thank you in advance <3

Solution
is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

You can install on any of those drives, all you have to do is delete all the partitions and win 10 will install. win 10 won't clean install onto a MBR drive in a PC it recognises has UEFI, it wants to use GPT
Pick which you want to install onto and remove all the others while you do so (win 10 might put boot partition on another one otherwise)

i would remove 1 gpu while you install as well. Makes it easier

Colif

Win 11 Master
is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

You can install on any of those drives, all you have to do is delete all the partitions and win 10 will install. win 10 won't clean install onto a MBR drive in a PC it recognises has UEFI, it wants to use GPT
Pick which you want to install onto and remove all the others while you do so (win 10 might put boot partition on another one otherwise)

i would remove 1 gpu while you install as well. Makes it easier

Solution

adammcd94

Prominent
May 12, 2017

Thanks for the advice!

Thankfully I have a backup that takes a full system image of C every week so I was able to restore the files needed.

I ended up deleting the partitions as you suggested and reinstalled Windows. Everything appears to be running smoothly now.

Thanks again