DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Stop Code

PickfordO17

Prominent
May 13, 2017
Recently I have had problems involving three stop codes: DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT . At first my screen just went black as if it had froze, then I got the VIDEO stop code and I uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics driver, then the DPC stop code came up after my screen froze again but it was still showing the home screen instead of just showing black. After looking at online tutorials, I disabled the Intel graphics driver and now all I can do is log on and then my screen freezes and continues onto the BSOD. Now the stop codes are either DPC or CLOCK. I got recommended to change the hard drive and then reinstall windows ten. I currently have a DELL PRECISION M6600 Laptop and am looking at the, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-MK3276GSX-320GB-5400rpm-Internal/dp/B004UGUVU4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1494613533&sr=8-2&keywords=Laptop+hard+drive

It would be great if someone could tell me whether this would fix these errors or not,
Thank You
Oliver

Solution
at least its dpc as that is likely a driver and not CPU.

It is blaming windows (new technology operating system kernel = windows) so can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here

someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

PickfordO17

Prominent
May 13, 2017
On Sat 03/06/2017 09:23:39 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060317-22687-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C310)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF80299C65348, 0x0)
Error: DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft Windows Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
But check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

That is the Crash Dump Analysis.
I had fixed this issue for roughly a week when windows said 'Update and Shutdown 'Restart and Shutdown' and I needed to restart because my laptop was slow and wouldn't load games but when I went on I had the error again. Several times I have reinstalled the graphics drivers and even reinstalled windows 10.
Sorry about the late response I didn't get notified.
Thanks
Oliver

Colif

Win 11 Master
at least its dpc as that is likely a driver and not CPU.

It is blaming windows (new technology operating system kernel = windows) so can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here

someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Solution