Keyboard and Mouse not working after boot up

Mesorac

Prominent
May 13, 2017
Hello, My keyboard and Mouse do not work after everthing loads and I'm at the screen where I need to type in my password to access my computer. Everything works fine before that such as pressing F2 to get to BIOS and my mouse and keyboard work in BIOS as well. Its just when I get to the next part is when everything stops working, it almost like it freezes but it doesn't. The Numlock on the Keyboard is the only thing on but none of the buttons register.

The Keyboard I have is a Desert Cobra Gaming Keyboard and the mouse is just a Opitical IBUYPOWER Gaming mouse. I have tried different ports front and back as well as using a different keyboard (The same thing happens when using another keyboard) I tried many solutions I wish I can get to the safe mode from BIOS because thats the only time when my stuff register. If I have to, I want to restore my computer to factory. Hopfully there is a way to do that since I do not have any discs to use to repair anything.

So what I think cause this to happen was I was uninstalling USB ports in the universal port place in the device manager, I was told once I restart my PC the USB ports will automatically be detect and come back. I was doing this because I felt there was something wrong with a USB port in the front of my computer.

Thank you for your time.

Ralston18

Titan
About all I can think of and suggest at the moment is to shut down your computer, unplug it, remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes, put the battery back, reconnect the power plug, and then turn the computer on.

Removing and reinstalling the CMOS battery will return BIOS to its default settings. Basically a "do over".

However, I will also add that you may wish to wait a bit in case someone else has another suggestion or a concern about my suggestion.

Mesorac

Prominent
May 13, 2017

Isn't me going into the BIOS manually and putting it to defualt settings the same thing as doing this?

Ralston18

Titan
All things considered - may well be.

If all the manual settings back to default were truly saved and did not subsequently revert for some reason, then it would be the same.

Depends on just how comprehensive and thorough that manual process would really be.

Therefore, I believe I would still pull the battery just to be sure.

Mesorac

Prominent
May 13, 2017

Dang...It didn't work. Thanks anyways.