Gaming at best quality in micro ATX HTPC case possible? Beef up HTPC and reduce noise

jaochoo

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
I own a HTPC which I built myself. It's an i3-3225 with onboard graphics, 4GB RAM and no discreet PSU (PicoPSU used) in a micro ATX HTPC case (see images attached). So far, I'm only using it for streaming, live TV, and media playback (all through Kodi), but I'd like to beef it up to play PC games at best quality.

I love the hifi appearance and noiselessness of my setup, so ideally I'd like to keep most of it as far as possible.

What I understand is that I need at least:
- a discreete PSU
- an i5 (or even i7) CPU
- a discreete GPU
- more RAM

My questions are:
1. Do you think it could be possible to cram all that into the case without risking overheating? If necessary, I could live without the BluRay drive. Never used it anyways...
2. Is there any way to reduce the noise of such setup when no games are being played? While I have to accept the noise for playing games, ideally I'd still like to enjoy watching movies without much background noise.

1412162620280.jpg

5a0972710c.jpg

b58893a975.jpg

looks low profile mate so at best youll squeeze a low profile 1050ti in there.
IM not sure thats possible with an external pico psu though matey at all.

To get yourself setup for gaming under the tv you honstly need to replace the case itself.
http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=293
Im using a silverstone gd06 with 4 hard drives, a bluray optical, overclocked fx & a gtx 970 here.
Its maxt & slightly smaller than a standard av reciever,not cheap but worth the money imo.