Multiple Blue Screens, Do Not Know Why

Codename

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
Hello,

It's been awhile now that my computer has been having BSOD's. I've now just gotten sick and tired of it at this point because I don't know specifically what is causing it to happen, whether or not it is software or hardware related.

It seems as if these BSOD's happen at random, but occur mostly when I am playing games (such as CSGO or Overwatch). Sometimes when playing these games, they will freeze and loop the sound that happens in it. Other times, they will close on their own and then have a BSOD moments after.

The main victim happens to be the "BAD_POOL_HEADER" error, but it is not the only error I get. Below is a screenshot of the mini dump files I was able to gather.

BQFl14s.jpg

It would be amazing to get some support, since I've had a bad experience with a computer repair shop not too long ago and would like to figure it out myself.

SPECS:
Processor - AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 3.20 GHz
Motherboard - ASUS M4N68T-M-V2
Graphics Card - Nvidia GeForce 750 Ti
Hard Drive - WDC WD10 EZEX-08WN4A0
RAM - 8 GB
System Type - 64 Bit
Operating System - Windows 10

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Are you running Mac OSX Bootcamp on this? If so, you may want to downgrade to Windows 7.

Are you using an Anti-Virus? May be worth changing as many of these errors result from an incompatible Anti-Virus solution.

Finally, make sure your BIOS and drivers are all up to date.

If those all check out, it's likely that your RAM is bad and needs to be replaced.

If you can, before you do anything back up your system with a disk imager (ie Macrium Reflect) or a snapshot tool (i.e. Rollback Rx).

Codename

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016

Unfortunately, no. I am only running Windows 10 on this machine. If all else fails, I may consider downgrading to Windows 7.

Not that I know of, no.

I've recently tried updating my BIOS but it was already updated to the most recent release. With drivers, I've used an updating program called "Driver Booster", but it still had the same occurrences as before.

I'll have to see if it is just faulty RAM or not. I did have to take out one 4 GB stick, specifically because I ran a memory test and it said there was an error. Through trial and error, that stick alone would make Windows 10 unable to boot, so I am just using an 8 GB one only. Running tests on the 8 GB says there are no errors, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were any regardless.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015

Yeah sounds like RAM, BAD_POOL_HEADER tends to lean more towards an issue with RAM. Especially if you got errors in the past, may be best to just replace the RAM and re-install the OS.