Fluent Design System Prepares Microsoft For A World With Fewer Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Microsoft has been beating this dead horse for 5 years now. This is going to fail too just like the current Windows 10 UI fails. One OS serving all is not going to work.

hannibal

Distinguished
Well, win7 airo will come to win10 with some upgrades. Some people will be happy :)

This seems a lot like Google material design, with some more bells and whistles. Good for powerful machines, bad for Atoms and similar... unless user can toggle these effects on and of as he likes. Hopefully so.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
The big thing that Microsoft keeps missing is that not everyone wants to have the same interface across different platforms. I use my desktop/laptop in a completely different way and for different purposes than I use my phone and the program/app interfaces should reflect that difference.

(As a side note, I would like to see them extend the dark theme available for apps to regular Windows programs like Explorer instead of having it always be blindingly white)

mrmez

Splendid
Seems a bit gimmick-y to me.
Will this help me be more productive or get more done, or just look (subjectively) pretty?

On the upside, this will keep MS tick-tock cycle of good-sht OSes going.

Status
Not open for further replies.