New 144hz monitor causing PC to not boot

Ermandfa

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Hello,

I just bought the Viewsonix XG2401 144hz monitor. I have it connected to my r9 280 via mini displayport. When the monitor is connected it appears that the computer cannot boot properly. The fans will start for ~2 seconds and then turn off and back on.

If i disconnect the monitor the PC boots with no issues. I can then plug the monitor back in and it works fine until I turn the pc off again.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Solution
So I went to the store and bought two new cables. One a HDMI 2.0 and the other a new display port to mini display port. HDMI 2.0 was capped out at 120hz. I tried the new display port to mini display port and everything is working fine now. I guess I got a bad cord which was causing a short circuit or something.

Ermandfa

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
So I went to the store and bought two new cables. One a HDMI 2.0 and the other a new display port to mini display port. HDMI 2.0 was capped out at 120hz. I tried the new display port to mini display port and everything is working fine now. I guess I got a bad cord which was causing a short circuit or something.

Solution