should i reinstall windows or is there any easy way?

ashutosh_11

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
hey there! i have a Windows 10 Pro PC and last month i sent my Asus MOTHERBOARD for RMA because of a defective RAM slot and i also changed my two RAMs. I will get a new MOTHERBOARD of that same H81 model. should i keep the existing WINDOWS i had on my PC or should i format my PC and reinstall it? and if i decide to keep it what will be the consequences? because i have a new brand new same MOTHERBOARD and RAM.

Solution

1st - system might not boot anymore. You'll have to change boot mode and sata controller mode in BIOS to same settings as they were on your old motherboard.

2nd - you'll loose windows activation and will have to reactivate. If your windows license is tied to your microsoft account, then no problem - you can reactivate using activation troubleshooter.

3rd - you may need to reinstall some system software like chipset drivers and graphics drivers.

1st - system might not boot anymore. You'll have to change boot mode and sata controller mode in BIOS to same settings as they were on your old motherboard.

2nd - you'll loose windows activation and will have to reactivate. If your windows license is tied to your microsoft account, then no problem - you can reactivate using activation troubleshooter.

3rd - you may need to reinstall some system software like chipset drivers and graphics drivers.

Solution