Solved

can i migrate windows 10 from my hard drive to my kingston sdd with a software called acronis or i have to reinstalled it

i just got my 120gb ssd form kingston and apparently they have a software called acronis which in my understanding i can transfer windows from my hdd to the ssd is this possible or not
if id not possible then how you do it any kind of help is greatly appreciated
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about migrate windows hard drive kingston sdd software called acronis reinstalled
  1. After reviewing acronis' website it seems that they only backup the windows image,
    if you want to simply move windows 10 to ssd without loosing any data then this could help http://www.todo-backup.com/backup-resource/data-transfer/migrate-windows-10-to-ssd.htm (I would personally just reinstall windows into the ssd)
  2. Infoneedit said:
    i just got my 120gb ssd form kingston and apparently they have a software called acronis which in my understanding i can transfer windows from my hdd to the ssd is this possible or not
    if id not possible then how you do it any kind of help is greatly appreciated

You can do this, with a few conditions.

1. Primarily...how much total used space is on your current C drive?
    2. What is consuming this space. Specifics, please.
  3. my c drive is a 500gb hdd an is using 322gb in games i just installed a 1 terabyte hardrive
  4. Best answer
    Infoneedit said:
    my c drive is a 500gb hdd an is using 322gb in games i just installed a 1 terabyte hardrive

And here we have an issue.

Obviously, you can't squeeze 322GB of stuff into a 120GB drive.

2 options:
    1. Reduce the actual used space on your current drive to below 80GB. Move some stuff off to the new 1TB.
    Then a clone operation is possible.

or

2. Clean install of the OS (and all your applications) on the new 120GB SSD.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Kingston Hard Drives Software