paintball tank build

Owen_27

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
hey ive deiced to build a paintball tank over the summer and need advice on a few things about it and cant really find another form to post this question. ok so i have a 11hp 4 cylinder engine lined up from an old tractor along with the transmission, gear box ect i was wonder what the frame should be mad of, it needs to be decently strong, light and really cheap i would like this to go a little faster than walking pace but i understand there are limitations.

thank you

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
You'd be much much much better off finding an old bulldozer. If you want tracks on something. Making your own is an engineering nightmare. A tractor drive train is incapable of turning one side one way and the other the other (required for a tracked setup) they are designed not to slip for traction reasons.

USAFRet

Titan

With proper frame design, and proper gearing, and a light body..you could probably make an 11HP engine make it go about 70mph.

Bonus....with proper design, you won't die when (not if) you crash.

Owen_27

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

hey im planing on using a gearbox off an old tractor that im salvaging the engine from is that a bad idea

USAFRet

Titan

From what appears to be your starting point, the whole thing is a bad idea.

Can you build a fast 'cart' of some sort? Probably. You might not even die.
Can you build a tracked vehicle? Not as a first attempt.

Start with something like this:
vehicle_splash1.png

Owen_27

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
ok so like an armored truck i was thinking a turit on top to house a paintball gun with 2 people in it at once a gunner and a driver. thoughts

edit: btw there not both in the turit

USAFRet

Titan

HAHAHAHA
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Only if you have access to a WELL stocked toolshop, and lots and lots of free spare parts.

Or, find an old ATV as above, and cannibalize it.

Owen_27

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
ok well then i do have access to well stocked tool shop i have a friend who's dad works at a trait school he teaches welding