Does my dream monitor exist??

ThatGuyTre

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
So I am trying to give my setup the extra "wow factor" by adding three monitors that all are the same size. Due to the distance I am away from the monitor as I stand right now, I do not feel like I need any screen size larger than 24 inches diagonal. I do not wish for any monitors that are above 1080p. Let me list off what specs I would enjoy on my dream monitor, ordered from most important to least important.

- 24in screen
- 1080p, 120+hz
- IPS panel
- Thin bezel (hopefully as thin as my current monitor, the Acer R240HY)
- Cheap (Under 250, I know this isn't technically "cheap"), if not cheap then a lookalike of the monitor that is cheaper, but with lower specs (In other words something that would look uniform if compared to my dream monitor, but may be worse spec-wise. I just want my main (middle) monitor to be the best, if it comes down to that.)
- VESA mount

Thank you for the incoming help!!

Solution
Your dream monitor does not exist, sadly. You can use PCpartpicker to help you decide on what one you like the looks of, but will have to compromise somewhere, on your wish list of features.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/

ThatGuyTre

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

If I take the 120+ hertz spec off my list, do more things come into mind? I'm trying to see what I should compromise for.

A main concern of mine is that TN panels look bad. This is all based on research and I have personally never seen a TN panel, or recognized that I was looking at one. In your opinion, is TN all that bad? If I were to eliminate THAT instead of the 120+hz, would a possibility exist?
PS - I know TN offers less latency but in my current situation I don't really care about that, as long as it is less than 6ms. I was just wondering how accurate colors will look, and how viewing angles in general are.

ThatGuyTre

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

Although that bezel is really thin and certainly what I was looking for, I am okay with having a slightly thicker one. I would rather have the 144hz than the bezel, because pretty much all monitor's bezels are rather thin. My only concern was about the panel itself: are the washed out colors really that bad? If the viewing angles are not that bad and the colors are rather accurate, then I would be fine with a not as thin bezeled TN monitor.

What are your thoughts?

ThatGuyTre

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

That is an amazing monitor, but I don't think I can use it to its fullest potential. I have a single GTX 970 and I want to play on high-ultra settings, and I'm pretty sure 1440p ultrawide 100fps+ is out of the question. I don't plan on upgrading my computer, only my displays. Regardless, thanks for your input!

when u compare it to a triple monitor setup, that ultrawide will tax u less. more the res, more strain on gpu. so eitherway, u r looking at an underperforming gpu for ur needs. since that AOC is 100hz with g sync, u can getaway with even 60 fps outputs from ur gpu.

ThatGuyTre

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

Sorry, I didn't really clarify my needs. I am going to play on only the middle 1080p 144hz monitor. The other monitors (as far as my plans are now, they will be 60hz Asus RO series ones) are going to be used for other things ex. internet or Discord, maybe a twitch chat feed if I get into that, I have no idea. But only the middle monitor will be for gaming.
Sorry for the confusion.