Resolve ghost touching on touchscreen / Permanently disable touchscreen HP ENVY 24 Windows 10 64 bit

ArtistPhoenix

Prominent
May 17, 2017
Please help! My ENVY 24 all in one is constantly bombarded with "ghost" touching when the touch screen driver is enabled even though I've never used it as a touch screen and the screen is spotless. I'll be working and periodically dots appear on screen in random places like it is being touched when it isn't, sometimes overlapping each other, its overwriting where my mouse is or even me being able to type in my password after reboot. When I finally go into human interface devices and disable the touch screen, it reactivates itself on its own whenever it wants. I restart the computer it reactivates the driver. I am unable to uninstall it for the same reason, windows fails and forces it back to a version that has it. Cleaning the screen has no effect, attempting to touch the screen in a different place has no effect. Nothing works other than insane amount of patience in closing windows to finally navigate to device manager and shut the driver off again. I have also attempted the hard reset method of unplugging everything and holding the power button in for 30 seconds plugging it all up again and booting it up. It doesn't fix the problem either. I'm at my wits end, please help.

Solution
If you disable (not uninstall) the driver from Device Manager, it should not re-activate itself again.
You can check also in BIOS whether there's an option to disable it.

TRENDING THREADS