LG G3 Flickring / Fading Screen (help required immediately!).

MysterySlender

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
So my LG G3 screen started to fade after a couple of seconds of using it I tried to fix it by putting pieces of a credit card or a folded paper underneath the CPU and on the motherboard connectors, It worked for a couple of days but now the problem came back so I searched for a better solution I found out that you can add a copper layer on top of the CPU to work as a heat-sink but since I dont have a thin layer of copper tape I thought about using an aluminum foil, will it work? is it safe to use? and I also thought about putting a thermal compound that I use for my PC (MX-4) on top of the piece of credit card and underneath the aluminum layer, will it help? and is it safe?

Ralston18

Titan
Well at this point I trust that you recognize that you have voided any remaining warranties.

None of that may be safe and I would not recommend it - "found on the internet or not".

The risk of most concern would be to cause some battery overheating with the end results being a fire.

For the most part, I do not see where the applied fixes relate to the screen flickering.

Best to get professional help - have someone who fixes LG phones take a look at it. They may know exactly what to do.

MysterySlender

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016

I thought about the things I mentioned before because I realized my phone starts doing it again after its get hot so I thought about cooling it, also the LG G3 got a major heating problem and I saw in a video of someone replacing the top CPU of the G3 and adding a copper layer as a heatsink so I thought that maybe aluminum foil and thermal compound can work aswell

Ralston18

Titan
Would not recommend doing that. Maybe someone has done it and maybe it seems to be working. For now....

For the most part, a homemade DIY fix for some design problem is chancy at best.

All for DIY things but with all the device overheating/battery problems as of late it is not worth the risk.

Let/get LG to fix the problem.

MysterySlender

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016

Can I know how it can make battery problems?

Ralston18

Titan
You don't know - that is where the risk is.

Overheating is the problem and without knowing the cause a "internet" fix may make things worse.

The battery supplies the energy that is making things hot. And if the battery itself becomes hot as a result then "worse" is likely to become very painfully real: fire, burns, burst battery - toxic chemicals....