When I unplug my main monitor, the main access does not switch to my second monitor.

mjmillner

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
I have two monitors (I'll just call them A and B). I like to play games on both computer and console and I have a console that I plug into monitor A when I want to play. When I want to switch back and fourth I just unplug the HDMI from my computer and plug the HDMI from my Xbox into monitor A. Usually all of my desktop icons and main access would move over to monitor B when i unplug monitor A, but recently when i unplug monitor A, monitor A stays the "main monitor" even though its unplugged and while I use my console I cannot use monitor B for the most part because the windows, access, and icons that used to switch are now stuck on monitor A (which is either a black screen or my console because it's unplugged). Obviously I can just switch over all the windows I need to monitor B before I unplug monitor A, this is just an issue I want to fix, because its annoying, and makes no sense because the monitor is no longer connected to my computer.

Any help would be appreciated

mjmillner

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015

I want monitor A to be my main monitor, however, when i unplug it to plug in my console, the monitor still stays "on".. it keeps my desktop icons, taskbar utilities, and window priority even though its not even plugged into my computer