AMD Radeon HD6670 + APU A4-3400 + CrossFire

DonAndress

Prominent
May 20, 2017
Hello.

A have a PC only for multimedia, no gaming at all.
I used to use only AMD's APU A4-3400 but more and more content on YT is uploaded in 1080p@60 while just 720p@60 makes this APU stutter. So I purchased AMD Radeon HD6670 and problem solved - even 1080p@60 works smoothly.

Now, I was thinking of mirroring the desktop to two displays, I've read that it's possible to use this HD6670 and APU linked by CrossFire but I just can't get it to work. My mobo is Gigabyte GA-A75M-D2H and the GPU is also Gigabyte, 1GB.
When I set default display in BIOS to APU (UMA Frame Buffer set to 1024MB) I get main desktop on APU and extended on GPU. I cannot use mirror, no such option available and I get this info that mirroring is not available on two different GPU devices. When I change default display in BIOS to PCI Express then I gen desktop only on GPU, the APU unit seems switched off (display does not turn on).

I tried 3 different drivers (+CCC) but I don't have the CrossFire option available to tick. I tried drivers released by AMD site, Gigabyte site and some other available on the internet. I removed all prior driver versions using AMD Cleanup Utility.

What do I do wrong?
Is there something I'm missing in the setup?

Crossfire no, dual graphics, maybe. But you don't need to do that to use two monitors, just connect them to the 6670 card.

Crossfire would be if you have two discrete video cards, there is often confusion over dual graphics and crossfire.