Is my YouTube account hacked?

Daryl_8

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
Pretty much anything i search for on Youtube, the first result is a random video with a Russian title by a Russian channel called 'Анна Тарасова'. The next few videos are relevant to my search but then if i scroll down more there is just more Russian stuff. i have never heard of this channel and i don't speak Russian. these videos are also all over my recommended section. something else worth mentioning is that in my 'watch it again' section there are random music videos which i have never watched. they even have the little red progress bar at the bottom of the thumbnail which is pretty freaky. It is pretty evident that my account is hacked, but what should i do about it? its not like i have any videos posted but i don't really want to make another account. So other than change my password, i'm not sure what i should do. please help.

Solution
No your account is not "hacked" , but your PC is infected by a malware or virus. Follow these steps:

1- Press on the windows button and R
2-Type in control panel and press enter
3-Press on "Uninstall a programme" under Uninstall
4-Delete any programmes you dont know

After you are done with these steps , go to your browser>settings>extensions and delete all the extensions you're not using.

Shadyxi

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
No your account is not "hacked" , but your PC is infected by a malware or virus. Follow these steps:

1- Press on the windows button and R
2-Type in control panel and press enter
3-Press on "Uninstall a programme" under Uninstall
4-Delete any programmes you dont know

After you are done with these steps , go to your browser>settings>extensions and delete all the extensions you're not using.

Solution