Windows 10 for £7.45 on Amazon?

Tamir

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014
When I built my PC I payed over £80 for a Windows CD with an activation code which I thought was the only way to get Windows legally. Now as I look on Amazon, I see that you can buy Windows 10 activation codes directly sold by Microsoft from Amazon. Reference link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-Pro-Activation-Key-Bit/dp/B01FDRPPHC/ref=sr_1_2?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1495404846&sr=1-2&keywords=windows+10

Someone tell me, what is this magic and what are the catches that I'm not seeing. How can it be that you can get windows 10 for less than £10?

Solution
The magic is fraud.

What you are not seeing is

Dispatched from and sold by Retail ABC

Would I trust that product at $8? No. I would contact them, Microsoft and Amazon to verify legality prior to purchase.

Tamir

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014

Ah thank you. I thought it was too good to be true... It's a shame Windows is so expensive. For a budget PC I may be building for my sister, Windows 10 will cost nearly as much as the PC all together...

You're welcome. SUrprisingly enough it has become less expensive for system builders. We used to have to buy a new OS if we replaced the motherboard. Now we are free to change computers and keep the same OS.