External and laptop resolutions same but still blurry images

albertayushwesker

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
I am connecting Dell inspiron laptop to LG 32" LED display with HDMI cable. In spite both of them have same 1366*768 resolution the objects look blurry and out of place. The taskbars and windows bar apper beyond the secondary display. I have tried adjusting resolutions but nothing good is achieved. What i can do to make secondary display as sharp as primary. Also if i play game then will i have to again change the resolution considering i run games in 1280*768 res.
Dell inspiron 15 3542
Nvidia 840M
I7 4510U
8gb DDR3

Solution
The correct (native) resolution for a 32" screen is in the region of 2560 x 1440, so at 1366 x 768 you've got it set way too low - - that's causing the blurry image and Windows elements being partially or totally outside the screen area.

If you're laptop's GPU can't manage to reach the resolution required by the external screen, then you need to use a smaller screen.
The correct (native) resolution for a 32" screen is in the region of 2560 x 1440, so at 1366 x 768 you've got it set way too low - - that's causing the blurry image and Windows elements being partially or totally outside the screen area.

If you're laptop's GPU can't manage to reach the resolution required by the external screen, then you need to use a smaller screen.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS